Friday, April 29, 2011

Finally Scratched the Surface

After mining the XO World Map for days looking for leads to new content, I got a flurry of replies today that show a lot of promise. For one, a Spanish-language site with testimonials from teachers, students and community members in an El Salvador distribution. I also got leads to several other local sites and blogs for various distributions.

As for the testimonials I've already found, unfortunately they aren't plain text but images on the page. So to get the copy onto the site's outline, I've begun to transcribe all the testimonials one by one onto the outline Google Doc. Took a good hour and a half to get through the teachers and the community members, tomorrow I'll knock out the students' quotes too. While it's good to have the Spanish-language versions intact, I also want to ask a Spanish-speaking friend of mine if she wouldn't mind translating the quotes into proper English.

No comments:

Post a Comment